Commins Hendriks can assist you with a claim for compensation for professional negligence and medical malpractice.
We have conducted some of the largest medical negligence actions in NSW. These cases include in particular incidents that occur at birth which include consequences such as cerebral palsy.
We have access to leading medical experts in Australia and overseas. We fully fund the investigation of our clients' entitlements.
If you feel that you or a family member has suffered as a result of inappropriate care provided by a Medical Practitioner or hospital, then you may be entitled to compensation.
In some cases, clients have come to us because they were not comfortable with the way their matter was litigated by other Solicitors. In such cases our team will analyse the result and provide feedback on whether further action should be taken.
This is a complex area of the law requiring extensive research and preparation. It requires expertise and skill to achieve a successful outcome in this type of matter.
Some examples of negligent medical treatment are:
- Failure to deliver babies in an appropriate way or within acceptable time limits
- Failure to appropriately manage pregnancy
- Failure to perform medical procedures correctly
- Failure to carry out effective sterilisation
- Failure of manage wound care and infection
- Failure to refer a patient for specialist consultation
- A misdiagnosis of a condition
- Delay in diagnosing a condition
- Failing to provide you with the appropriate form of treatment
- Providing you with incorrect medication
- Failing to warn you of potential risks associated with treatment
This type of litigation is done on the basis that we only receive payment if our claim is successful.
For more details and assistance, please contact 1800 643 779 or a member of our specialised team.